Professional Development Funding Opportunities for support from VAPAC for Members
The VAPAC Executive has once again identified opportunities in our Strategic Plan to allocate funds to support the professional development of Member venues’ staff in 2015.
We acknowledge the opportunities for our membership through participation in industry events such as these, and encourage members to attend, and to consider applying for support as outlined below.
In 2015 there are two sequential events to be held at Sydney’s Carriageworks Theatre from 17 – 20 August
1. The Performing Arts Exchange (PAX) the only face-to-face national touring market for 2015. PAX is for producers eager to tour and presenters eager to program
Monday 17th 1pm – 7.30pm: Day 1 Performing Arts Exchange (including networking event)
Tuesday 18th 9am – 7.30pm: Day 2 of Performing Arts Exchange (including networking event)
2. “Mobilise” APACA national conference
Wed 19th 9am – 7.30pm: Opening Keynote and Professional Development Thursday 20th 9am – 11.30pm: Final day including special conference dinner and Drovers Awards
Full Costing details plus registration information is available at http://wired.ivvy.com/event/QTO9NT/
3. In brief the early bird rates close 8 July, the options VAPAC is happy to support is as follows:-
2 x Attendees at PAX registration cost $450, VAPAC total support of $900 pp
2 x Attendees at the APACA conference registration cost $495, VAPAC total support of $950 pp
2 x Attendees at both PAX & APACA registration cost $950, VAPAC total support of $1500 pp
The applicant is required to provide a written application clearly stating which option they wish to apply for and addressing the following criteria:-
– They must demonstrate the value of the professional development experience to their current level of capacity and knowledge
– They may have attended an event of this kind previously but preference will be given to those who have
a) not had VAPAC professional development support previously
b) nor attended an APACA Conference or Long Paddock
– They must have full support from their line manager to attend and participate in the event
– They must be financial venue based Members of VAPAC
– A written report to the Membership is expected following the event they attend
The Categories of funding per member will be:
Funding can only be allocated to cover conference fees, travel, meals and accommodation expenses.
Applications need to be submitted by June 12th to Jenny Ryssenbeek by email email@example.com any queries pls call.
Further Application details and outline available here