Position: Arts Marketing Officer
A diverse, dynamic community, the City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and approximately 20km from Melbourne’s CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children’s services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
The Kingston Arts service is growing, and Council have recently provided significant investment into this space. This is a true development opportunity and a unique chance to play a pivotal leadership role in shaping the future state of an influential high performing arts and cultural service.
We are seeking an Arts Marketing Officer to join the Programming team. Reporting to the Coordinator Development and Marketing, your role is to:
- Build promotional campaigns for arts performances, exhibitions, workshops, event series’ and more
- Create content for socials and digital channels (posts, stories, reels) and offline channels (posters, print) Shoot and edit videos, photos and audio
- Conduct interviews, zine making, podcast production, coordinating design briefs and more
- Provide advice and recommendations for public activations, visual arts development and programming
- Analyse performance and identify opportunities to improve marketing strategy
- Develop the Kingston Arts brand and improve access to the arts in Kingston with a focus on diversity and inclusive communities using human-centred design approaches
- Write press releases and pitch articles to media
- Develop creative ideas for collaboration and partnerships with the broader arts community
Applicants should address the following key selection criteria in their cover letter.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience creating engaging and innovative editorial content for digital channels, including socials (posts, stories, reels).
- Knowledge and/or experience in strategic marketing, digital first marketing techniques and experiential marketing.
- Hands on experience in shooting and editing videos, photos, audio, graphic design experience would be highly regarded.
- Experience writing proposals and pitching to stakeholders.
- Experience writing press releases and pitching stories to media.
- Experience tallying and analysing performance and opportunities for marketing content channels and identifying areas for growth. Presenting information in easy-to-understand formats and showcasing meaningful insights.
- Experience solving problems which are complex in nature, efficiently forming views and being decisive.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work cooperatively as part of a team and manage multiple competing demands, working to tight deadlines in a busy environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated administration skills and attention to detail along with high developed computer skills.
What we can offer
This is a full-time permanent position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
How to Apply
If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Matthew Hildebrandt, Coordinator Development and Marketing via email: email@example.com or phone 0498242813.
Kingston values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.
Don’t miss this great opportunity in the Arts. To be considered for the role all applications must be submitted via our Careers recruitment portal. Previous applicants need not apply.