Position: Audio Systems Engineer (Commercial & Professional Audio)
Organisation: Group Technologies Australasia Pty Ltd
Contract: Full Time
Group Technologies (GT) is one of Australia’s leading professional audio distributors. For over 20 years we have distributed the best professional audio brands in the industry, priding ourselves on exceptional service, marketing, logistics, sales and support, servicing a partner network of dealers and systems integrators across the country.
About the Role
GT are looking for an Audio Systems Engineer to join our growing Commercial & Professional Audio team. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Audio Systems Engineer will work across Performance Theatres, Live Event Venues, Hospitality, House of Worship, Corporate and more, with a key responsibility to prepare audio system designs and proposals for presentation to our partners and customers.
The Scope of this Role includes
- Pre-qualify and define audio scope of works for design and construct and tender response project opportunities.
- Work across a broad range of audio system designs including distributed audio, point source and line array solutions.
- Review Architectural and Consultant drawings/documentation.
- Pre-Sales engineering, including system schematic design and computer modelling to determine SPL coverage, STi and optimal system performance (EASE/NS1)
- Prepare technical response return briefs and/or technical clarifications for proposed system/s.
- Specify equipment lists, prepare quotations, system proposals and collate supporting materials.
- In conjunction with the Sales team submit quotation and pricing / proposals to customers.
- Process sales orders received for Commercial & Professional Audio project opportunities, utilising your technical expertise to review detailed design at time of order.
- On occasion in conjunction with Sales/BDM staff meet with consultants/customers to discuss proposed systems design and performance.
- Assist the sales and marketing team/s with products demonstrations, press opportunities, social media & product training / seminars.
Key Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of Audio system design and best practice application.
- Previous experience in computer modelling software including EASE, Ease Focus, Nexo NS1 and/or similar, alternatively have the tertiary qualifications and/or industry experience and willingness to undertake certified training across specific software/s as required.
- Attention to detail, excellent communication and presentation (written and verbal).
- Someone with great work ethic, lots of energy and a desire to support a growing team in the Commercial and Professional audio market.
What’s On Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a team working in an exciting industry, representing best of class brands, for projects and opportunities across the best venues and corporate facilities throughout Australia.