Position: Box Office and Front of House Coordinator
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Salary: From $91,295 per annum (includes superannuation)
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
The Box office and Front of House Coordinator is responsible for training and supervising the Front of House Staff in operations relating to performances, events, the Cube bar and any other activity presented in the Cube. Leading a team of staff, the Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the policy and procedures for all areas of bar management, customer service and ticketing are robust and well communicated.
- Duties of the role include:
- Managing the ticketing system including logistics, event builds, monitoring and reporting.
- Recruitment, supervision and training of Front of House staff, volunteer assistant ushers and bar staff.
- Continual business improvement which includes researching current and emerging industry trends.
- Manage relevant OH&S responsibilities with the support of the Team Leader.
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- A degree or diploma in event management, arts administration, business or lesser formal qualifications with several years of relevant experience in ticketing;
- Extensive experience working with Ticket Search or similar cloud based ticketing system preferred;
- Previous experience in staff supervision, training and development;
- Previous experience in managing the front of house requirements for a medium to large conference and events or performance venue;
- Experience in running and managing a bar including point of sale systems, staff training and stock management;
- Experience in finance systems including end of day reconciliations, cash management, refunds/exchanges and reports related to box office and bar sales.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check, Current Drivers Licence and Victorian Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Team Leader Events – Rebecca Bennell | 0418 558 267 | email@example.com
Position Description Below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
Applications close Thursday 11:59pm, October 13, 2022
For more information please click the link