We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
As a Box Office Supervisor within the Arts, Events & Cultural Venues department, you will plan and deliver box office services of Council’s Cultural Venues, ensuring excellent front line customer experiences, hospitality and best practice ticketing services.
You will also lead our Performing Arts venue hire services including venue bookings, attracting new hires, revenue generation and reconciliations, calendar management and box office operations.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain best-practice event ticketing services for Council’s Cultural Venues
- Lead and deliver exceptional guest services including the operation of box office ticketing and ushering, the building of shows, producing show reports and developing patron databases
- Lead and deliver exceptional venue hire services including customer service, confirmation of bookings, facilitating hirer requests and financial processes
- Supervision and training of Box Office Attendants and casual Theatre staff
- Ensure accurate and responsible handling of income generated by the Theatre
- Participate in a roster for after-hours functions and events to oversee our front-line customer experience of ushering and operations
- Collaborate with colleagues across Cultural Venues and the organisation to ensure services are exceptional, innovative and provide best value
What you’ll bring
- Diploma in Business Administration or similar field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in box office management, venue administration or a high-level customer service environment
- Sound experience in financial reconciliations, best practice ticketing services and client liaison
- Extensive experience in leading front of house and ushering services
- A continuous improvement mindset with a positive, proactive, and flexible attitude
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kylie Brown, Coordinator Cultural Venues on 0438 306 521.