Located on Melbourne’s eastern fringe, Yarra Ranges is a geographically varied and demographically diverse council.
Trust, Empowerment, and Innovation underpin everything we do. With our commitment to continuous improvement, ongoing learning and development, every project you work on will enhance your skills and capabilities.
About the role
Yarra Ranges Council is home to the award-winning Yarra Ranges Regional Museum and is the custodian of significant cultural collections, including more than 13,000 cultural heritage items managed to international museum industry standards.
The Collections Engagement Officer is a new position, offering you an ongoing, part-time opportunity to develop and deliver projects, programs and activities that increase access to and engagement with our cultural collections. To be successful in this role, you will be collaborative and creative and have experience working with collections to increase community engagement through outreach, tours, talks, self-guided activities, digital projects, learning programs, research enquiries and more.
With new leadership and the expansion of our team, this is an exciting time to be part of creating our vision for the future.
What you’ll bring to our team
- Knowledge and experience in collection engagement and interpretation, in a public museum context.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and other cross-cultural competency, with a record of working in partnership with Aboriginal communities.
- A strong passion for community engagement.
Why you’ll want to join us
By joining our team, you will evolve within a dynamic and welcoming organisation that makes serving the community our primary mission. Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Be part of creating the future vision for Yarra Ranges Regional Museum.
- Career progression and development opportunities.
- Join a friendly and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
To apply, please attach a Cover Letter outlining your experience and why you would like to join our team, along with a copy of your Resume.
Click to view the position description or for further information about our recruitment process visit our Careers at Yarra Ranges page.
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Yarra Ranges Shire Council Enterprise Agreement 2021 and our Corporate Code of Conduct. Applicants will require the following:
- Police Check – renewal required every 5 years.
- To meet its obligations under the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions and the OH&S Act, Yarra Ranges. Shire Council will request vaccination information or evidence of an exemption in the pre-employment stage.
- Current Victorian Driver’s licence.
- Medical Check.
- Working with Children Check or current VIT registration
Closing date: 11.59pm, Monday, 8 August 2022
Contact for enquiries: Megan Sheehy, Museum Program Director, on 0497 968 566