Position: Arts Activation Project Officer
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne’s CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children’s services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
We are seeking an Arts Activations Project Officer to join the Arts and Cultural Development team. Reporting to the Community Arts and Culture Coordinator, your role is to:
- work strategically with internal stakeholders and external partners to co-design, deliver and evaluate Kingston’s Arts Activation Program, and
- administer, communicate, and coordinate integrated activities and events that drive visitation, and achieve economic, cultural and social outcomes.
You will have:
- The ability to provide activity programming expertise, support and advice to artists, curators, arts organisations, council officers, councillors, local businesses and technical experts.
- Experience in building strong networks across internal and external stakeholders to inspire creative input and collaboration.
- Ability to demonstrate the City of Kingston’s values of Future Orientated, Accountable, Dynamic, Expert, Community and Celebration.
- Expertise and demonstrated experience in facilitating multifaceted programs on time and within budget.
- Appropriate academic qualification and/or experience in arts programming
What we can offer
This is a part-time permanent position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, abilities and attitude to take on this position click on the Apply button to submit your application – Cover Letter/Selection Criteria 2 pages max, CV/Resume – 4 pages max. If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Francesca Valmorbida, Head Arts and Cultural Development on 0497 611 589 or email@example.com.