Full-time permanent position
Award Classification: Band 6, $90,585 – $98,834 per annum, plus superannuation
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne’s CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children’s services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
The Arts, Events and Libraries Department at the City of Kingston is focused on the delivery of industry leading contemporary programs, activities and events. Through innovation and continuous improvement, the department strives to provide high quality learning, recreational, social and cultural outcomes for our community.
We are seeking a Coordinator Development and Marketing to join the Kingston Arts & Culture team. Reporting to the Head of Programming, your role is to:
- Develop and support the growth of the City of Kingston’s Arts and Cultural Services profile and strategic positioning
- Create, distribute, maintain and analyse marketing and audience development initiatives
- Oversee Kingston Arts’ brand identity
- Manage stakeholder relationships and enhance audience engagement to increase revenue, attendance, awareness and reach
You will have:
- Demonstrated experience in strategic marketing, business planning, brand development and stewardship
- Demonstrated success in developing and analysing marketing campaigns, and meeting campaign targets
- Great customer service and account management skills
- A passion for and understanding of arts, events and/or cultural programming, or similar
Selection will be based on the following key selection criteria. Reference will also be made to other skills, knowledge and attributes contained in the Position Description:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing or related discipline with relevant experience preferably within a local government, arts, community, service provision or cultural services setting, or less formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience gained in a role/field relevant to the position.
- Motivated, hands-on marketing all-rounder with high attention to detail, strong time management skills, and a can-do attitude with the ability to manage multiple competing projects.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic marketing, event/campaign marketing, audience development, collateral and brand development and delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with digital marketing and advertising.
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding campaign targets – ie return on investment, revenue, attendance, usage, awareness, tickets sales.
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills to effectively and expertly manage and develop positive internal and external relationships that ensure positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated sound judgement and decision-making ability, including the capacity to solve problems logically and methodically.
What we can offer
This is a full-time, permanent position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, abilities and attitude to take on this position click on the Apply button to submit your application. If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Erin McMahon, Head of Programming on email@example.com.
Kingston values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.