Position: Cultural Experience Officer Relief
Work type: Casual/Vacation
Salary $39.80 – $41.40 per hour
Categories: Arts & Culture
About the role
Are you an advocate for arts and culture with a passion for delivering exceptional cultural experiences? Do you take pride in your work and are driven by your own initiative? Are you passionate about delivering exceptional cultural experiences? Yarra Ranges Council is seeking dedicated, adaptable and enthusiastic people to join our dynamic team as Cultural Experience Officers. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to vibrant arts and cultural experiences in the Yarra Ranges.
As a Cultural Experience Officer, you will play a pivotal role in our high-performing team, responsible for consistently delivering the highest standard of event delivery and front-ofhouse services across Council’s suite of venues. Our venues offer a diverse range of artistic disciplines, including exhibitions, film, performing arts, music, dance, and hire. Your primary focus will be on creating positive and meaningful experiences for visitors and users, aligning with our Creative Communities Strategy and Customer First Strategy. Your unwavering commitment to our community and dedication to excellence in event delivery will ensure that every interaction leaves a lasting, memorable impression, enriching the vibrant cultural scene in the Yarra Ranges.
What you’ll bring to our team
- Proven experience in event delivery following supplied event run sheets.
- Proven experience in delivering exceptional customer service in fast-paced scenarios.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage with diverse audiences.
- Excellent organisational and multitasking abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and passion for the arts and cultural sector desirable, with a willingness to learn and adapt to new art forms.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Proficiency in computer systems and relevant software.
- Certificate II in First Aid and RSA Certificate is required.
- Relevant experience in community based cultural venues and event-based service delivery is desirable.
Why you’ll love working with us
- Casual Positions Available
- Salary from $39.80 (Band 3) per hour, inclusive of 25% casual loading, plus 10.5% superannuation.
Why Wait? Take the next step in your career and apply now!
To apply, please attach a Cover Letter outlining your experience and why you would like to join our team, along with a copy of your Resume.
Not quite the role you’re looking for? Visit our Careers at Yarra Ranges page to find your next role.
Contact for enquiries: Jacinta Birchall, Venue Service Team Leader, on (03) 9294 6365.
Closing date: 11.59pm, Sunday the 2nd of July 2023.
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Yarra Ranges Shire Council Enterprise Agreement 2021 and our Corporate Code of Conduct. Applicants will require the following:
- Police Check – renewal required every 5 years.
- Medical Check.
- Working with Children Check – at no cost to you to obtain.
- To meet its obligations under our COVID-19 policy the OH&S Act, Yarra Ranges Council will request vaccination information or evidence of an exemption in the preemployment stage.
About Yarra Ranges Council As an employee of Yarra Ranges Council, you’ll be joining a dynamic and supportive group, united in our passion for creating a positive, inclusive workplace where every team member and their ideas can thrive. At Yarra Ranges, we value trust, empowerment, and innovation. By coming on board, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to making Yarra Ranges Council not only the best place to work, but a leader in serving our community. We are dedicated to helping you reach your full potential and supporting you on your journey with us.