About the organisation
Latrobe City Council in Gippsland is the fourth largest regional city and one of the most economically diverse municipalities in Victoria. Less than two hours’ drive from Melbourne, Latrobe City has a population of almost 75,000 people and is the residential and commercial hub of a larger catchment of over 250,000 people across the Gippsland region. Latrobe City Council is an innovative and progressive organisation that is focused on delivering first class services to its community.
About the role
This newly created permanent full time role involves managing the strategic direction of Latrobe City Councils arts and creative venues portfolio including the operations of the Latrobe Regional Gallery, Latrobe City Performing Arts Program and the Council’s Halls and Venues.
This senior position will take responsibility for a number of key strategic objectives and operational deliverables:
• Lead the operations of Latrobe Regional Gallery, Latrobe Performing Arts Centre and the Latrobe City Halls and Venues; building the reputation of these properties and creating awareness and attracting people by generating, identifying and maximising opportunities by delivering a broad array of activities.
• Develop and lead an empowered, collaborative and professional team that delivers excellent customer service both internally and externally.
• Leadership, support and professional guidance in relation to the visual arts and performing arts, within the Creative Venues, Events and Tourism Team and the Regional City Growth and Investment division as well as across the whole organisation.
• Implementation of systems and procedures that will promote excellence in the development and delivery of exhibition and performance programming, education and public programs and collection management.
• Lead the gallery, performing arts, halls and venues team in delivering excellent service through the provision and promotion of programs, facilities and services which satisfy a wide range of tastes and expectations thereby attracting local communities, visitors to the region and those with a keen appreciation of the arts.
The ideal candidate will have proven senior management experience in visual arts, performing arts, marketing and communications. We’re looking for a person with excellent stakeholder management, strategic thinking, interpersonal and communication skills.
For further information regarding the above position and to view the position description, please visit our website www.latrobe.vic.gov.au/careers or contact Clint Hong, Manager Creative Venues, Events & Tourism, on (03) 5128 5646 or Gail Gatt, General Manager Regional City Growth & Investment on (03) 5128 5446.
Applications including a response to the Key Selection Criteria are to be submitted electronically via the Latrobe City Council website and will be accepted until 11pm Sunday 13th October 2019. (PLEASE NOTE EXTENDED DEADLINE)