Director Transformation and Experience
This is a unique opportunity to join the Geelong Arts Centre’s executive leadership team in the role of Director Transformation and Experience.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Creative Director, the Director Transformation and Experience is a newly created position leading the next stage of the Centre’s transformation. The position is responsible for creating a culture of customer-oriented quality service, and leading commercial, planning, infrastructure and operations. There will be a focus on transformation as it relates to the $140.4M Little Malop Street Redevelopment, which commenced in 2020 and is planned for completion in 2023.
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant experience successfully leading a multi-disciplinary team to exceed customer expectations in the context of a venue operations, event delivery, hospitality, or visitor experience related role
- Proven track record of developing and successfully implementing customer focussed, safe and sustainable operational systems, plans, policies, schedules, and budgets
- Strong people leadership skills, demonstrated through leading transformation and building high performing teams and positive culture
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and experience in project management and being part of a senior management team
- Previous experience in managing risk and compliance in an operational environment
Desirable attributes include:
- Qualification in business management, project management, venue management, event management, hospitality, marketing, production/operations, or related disciplines
- Experience in performing arts or public sector context
- Experience working with Boards or other governance bodies
- Previous management experience working with Government funded construction and/or redevelopment projects and the delivery of civic or cultural infrastructure projects
- Knowledge and experience working with contracts of significant value and third-party providers
- Experience in managing health, safety and environment practices across venues and teams
- Skills in asset management, procurement, and related financial processes
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
For further detail about the role and its requirements, the position description is available at https://geelongartscentre.org.au/about-us/careers
To apply for this opportunity please provide a cover letter including your ability to meet the key requirements outlined in the position description, and a current CV. Your application and any questions should be directed to: email@example.com attention Liza Cumming.