Position: Function and Events Officer
Work Type: Permanent, full-time role
Award Classification: Band 5 salary of $78,200.20 plus super and a fortnightly RDO
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
As a Function and Events Officer within the Arts, Events & Cultural Venues department, you will provide high quality coordination of functions and event management across Cultural Venues facilities and contribute to the development and delivery of Cultural Venues dynamic event program.
What you’ll do
- Provide end to end high quality event management from the initial enquiry to facilitating all aspects of event delivery for Cultural Venues clients
- Liaise with internal and external clients to coordinate all aspects of function planning and event delivery
- Update and maintain key documents and databases
- Provide clear and concise communication to incoming and outgoing requests for information and ensure they are managed appropriately and in a timely manner
- Prepare and facilitate sales, event estimates and orders, reports, proposals and correspondence on events through our event booking system
- Assist in the establishment, maintenance and continual improvement of systems, procedures and processes in relation to Cultural Venues initiatives and projects
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to ensure that systems and processes continue to be effective and meet organisational and sector requirements
What you’ll bring
- Tertiary Qualification in Event Management or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrated working experience in end-to-end event management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients and all levels of staff
- Skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning and organising work
- A continuous improvement mindset with a positive, proactive, and flexible attitude
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kylie Brown, Coordinator Cultural Venues on 0438 306 521.