Position: Fundraising and Partnerships Manager
Bring your passion and expertise in the fostering and developing impactful partnerships, and delivering fundraising campaigns to support the long-term sustainability of Australia’s first purpose-built centre for LGBTIQ+ communities.
The Fundraising and Partnerships Manager is a senior leader at the Victorian Pride Centre (VPC) who is responsible for the planning and implementation of the VPC’s fundraising and partnerships strategy. The role utilises best-practice thinking, innovation, relationship management, data-driven analysis and technology to deliver the strategy.
The VPC is a supportive landlord to a range of resident organisations; a Venue for Hire with multipurpose spaces; and a programmer of events, exhibitions and LGBTIQ+ festival partnerships.
The Fundraising and Partnerships Manager is accountable for delivery of increased and sustainable donations, partnerships and bequests, along with targeted public, private, and community support and funding to meet operational targets.
This is a new position that is focused on growing and professionalising the next phase of the organisation, through high-level strategic planning focused on optimising our supporter experiences
We encourage people from all backgrounds and intersections to apply for this role.
Please read the Position Description for a full overview of this unique opportunity.
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com, using the subject line: Fundraising and Partnerships Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs, for further information.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, fundraising, business development or related discipline.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with all stakeholder levels and across varying industries.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to problem solve, negotiate, and influence.
- 5+ years’ experience in a fundraising, sponsorship, and/or partnerships management role, including a demonstrated track record of program and people management and successful fundraising.
- High-level and best-practice fundraising knowledge to provide efficient and professional support to the VPC team and all stakeholders, including a demonstrated track record of exceptional relationship management of multiple stakeholders, including fundraisers, partners, volunteers, and suppliers.
- High standard of competency in ICT literacy and its application for donor and stakeholder engagement (specifically, Salesforce and WordPress/WooCommerce, along with advanced user experience of MS Office and Xero).
- Excellent time management skills with the capacity to manage multiple and competing deadlines.
- Ability to effectively collaborate to fulfil individual and team performance targets, through planning, and managing key tasks and activities, including setting milestones and reporting progress against targets.
- Ability to work with a cross functional team managing competing priorities.
- Understanding of not-for-profit sector, membership organisations, and ability to thrive in a fluid environment of an emerging NFP organisation.
- Alignment with the VPC’s purpose, vision and values.
- Strong and experienced communicator with a proven ability to lead and influence.
- Strong customer-centric approach to fundraising and partnerships.
- Represents the VPC in a professional, approachable, and articulate manner.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise deadlines, with excellent time management and coordination skills.
- A collaborative team player that displays personal drive, initiative and flexibility.
- Problem solver and has the ability to manage conflict.
- Builds, maintains, and nurtures strong relationships with key partners.
- Effectively tracks projects against budget, timelines and KPIs.
- Predicts and manages risks to reduce the impact on relationships, events, or project outcomes.
- Ability to manage expectations and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Generosity of spirit, kindness, and commitment to LGBTIQ+ communities