- Job no: 958083
- Work type: Permanent (Full Time) Location:
- Arts House Head Office, 521 Queensberry Street,
- North Melbourne Salary $114,488 + 9.5%
- Superannuation Permanent Full Time
Applications close: Aus. Eastern Standard Time
City Of Melbourne’s Arts and Culture Branch is implementing a new operating model for Arts House in 2015. This will enable Arts House to expand and strengthen its delivery of contemporary performing arts programs showcasing independent artists and enhancing community participation and activation of North Melbourne and the broader community. Currently we are looking for a General Manager to strategically and collaboratively build, lead and drive the Arts House transformation and develop an enhanced and high profile contemporary performing arts program.
The General Manager (GM) Arts House is responsible for leading the Arts House management team to achieve Council’s vision for Arts House. You will work towards developing a strategic collaborative framework that helps promote Melbourne as the centre for contemporary and experimental performance and art. The GM will work to engage new audiences, strengthen development opportunities for independent artists and further build the local, national and international profile of Arts House. This role has 4 functions reporting through to it with 4 direct reports including the Artistic Director, Business Manager, Production Manager and Marketing & Communications Manager. This position along with the Artistic Director will be the public “face” of Arts House and will be required to represent Arts House’s operations to artists and arts organisations/companies, funding and sponsorship bodies, and strategic partners. We are looking for a strong leader who is commercially and strategically astute and who has a passion for the arts sector. This role will require you to lead and manage long term sustainable planning and implementation ensuring dynamic growth in business goals are developed in line with Council goals.
Take a look at Arts House click here.
You will have: (Selection criteria)
- A demonstrated track record of successfully leading and managing a high performing arts program/company/organisation of profile and scale.
- Outstanding people leadership skills developed through a strong demonstrated background in leading, developing and motivating diverse creative, production and support staff in a collaborative manner.
- Previous responsibility for overall organisational governance, reporting and financial management within the Arts or Local Government context.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, including the successful development and delivery of effective strategic plans, frameworks and action plans in an Arts or Local Government context.
- Proven ability to build and maintain a culture of continuous review, evaluation and improvement.
- Strong project management experience with the ability to plan, resource and deliver programs and services on time and within budget. Demonstrated experience with and understanding of contract management, funding and grant processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to work with key stakeholders including artists, art organisations, peak arts bodies, community organisations and local interest and community groups.
- Desirable Appropriate tertiary qualification to degree level
- Experience in facility management
- Demonstrated skills and experience in issues management
- Experience in a local government or public sector context
- Previous experience utilising LEAN Thinking methodologies
How to apply:
As part of the online application form you are required to: attach your resume attach a covering letter addressing the selection criteria in no more than 2 pages. respond to the following questions in a separate attached document in no more than 500 words per answer. Describe how you have improved the productivity/profitability in your current role and how you identified opportunities of improvement? Tell me about what you’ve done to develop new and creative solutions to business problems. Give me an example of a specific approach you developed. Please attention your covering letter to Jane Crawley, Manager Arts and Culture.
- To view the physical requirements of this position click on the following link: Inherent_Physical_Requirement_-_General_Office_Admin.doc
For further information about the position, please contact the Recruitment Team 03 9658 9140. Interviewed applicants who proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process will be required to complete a ‘Disclosure of existing condition and health declaration’ form and a police check. Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia and agree to undertake necessary pre-employment checks.
What we have to offer:
Here are just some of the great benefits of working with us – Working for the City of Melbourne.
The Advertised Close Date may be subject to change. For general information about the City of Melbourne, visit our Corporate Website at www.melbourne.vic.gov.au.