The City of Casey is one of Victoria’s largest and one of the fastest growing and most diverse cities.
The Council plans and delivers quality services and infrastructure for the more than 364,600 residents who call Casey home.
Our workspace sits within Bunjil Place, located in Narre Warren, which is a must-visit destination in Melbourne’s southeast. Bunjil Place reflects and enhances the city’s rich diversity, inspiring an energetic and cosmopolitan atmosphere; and has become a lively meeting place.
Offering an unprecedented mix of facilities, including an 800-seat theatre, 200-seat studio, public gallery, community library, function centre, outdoor community plaza with a large outdoor screen, City of Casey Customer Service Centre, café and more!
A bit about the role
The Head of Operations and Productions oversees five departments within the Bunjil Place precinct – Production, Functions and Events, Ticketing and CRM, Visitor Liaison, as well as Security and Systems and Logistics. Through effective leadership, you will manage the strategic oversight of the operations of these departments, foster trusted relationships with artists, organisations, community, commercial clients and internal stakeholders. You will strive to achieve a consistent level of exceptional service across all back of house operations, manage the successful delivery of performances, events and functions.
What you’ll deliver
- Lead and nurture a diverse, high performing team of five event and venue managements professionals, including developing, coaching, and mentoring staff, managing performance and encouraging excellence.
- Manage key supplier contracts and precinct logistics to ensure Bunjil Place’s best practice standards are maintained.
- Oversee the operations of the precinct to fulfil Council’s strategic objectives including managing the financial performance of the five teams.
- Build trusted relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver shared outcomes and influence decisions leading to operational success.
- Enhance and improve systems to ensure the customer experience is of the highest standards.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing the operations of a major arts facility or equivalent.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, risk management, commercial management, income generation and financial management.
- Tertiary Qualifications in arts operations or similar extensive diverse experience in related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Agility and flexibility to undertake diverse essential key functions of the role.
- Availability to work Monday – Sunday and weekends as required.
- Willingness to undergo pre-employment background checks including: National Criminal History Check, Working with Children Check, Eligibility to Work check and Covid-19 vaccinations.
Why join us?
At Casey, we strive for a workforce that reflects our diverse community in line with our core values of Dream Big, Empower Each Other and Make our Community Proud.
We value our people and show this appreciation beyond their remuneration, supporting them through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits.
Our holistic approach offers a range of personal and professional benefits that collectively will make a big impact to support our people where they need it most.
Benefits | City of Casey
- A supportive learning culture
- A hybrid and flexible work- place
- Multi-award-winning architectural office building
- 2 minutes’ walk to all amenities – Westfield shopping centre, gym/pool, onsite carpark and more.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
The City of Casey has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers.
The City of Casey reserves the right not to make any appointments for this position
If you think this role might be for you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.