We are seeking a Creative Industries professional to join the Arts and Cultural Services team. Reporting to the Manager Arts, Events and Libraries, your role is to:
- Lead, develop and nurture a diverse, high performing team of event, technical and venue management professionals working in both full time and casual capacity, including developing, coaching, and mentoring staff, managing performance, and encouraging excellence
- Maintain and continuously improve systems and processes for the Kingston Arts service
- Through leadership and example promote values of innovation and best practise across all responsible areas of the portfolio
- Demonstrated team player and positive contributor to organisational culture
- Grow Kingston Art’s reputation for excellence
The Kingston Arts service is growing, and Council have recently provided significant investment into this space. This is a true development opportunity and a unique chance to place a pivotal leadership role in shaping the future state of an influential high performing arts and cultural service.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience leading and working with a large arts and cultural team to deliver high quality outcomes
- Experience in creative industry production and operations with exceptional industry connections
- Skills as a positive motivator and leader that live their values
- The vision to grow the service into an industry leader
What we can offer
This is a full-time permanent position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
- Essential : Are you willing to undertake a Working with Children Check? Please note, you will need to organise and pay for this if you are successful in progressing to the pre-employment stage of the recruitment process for this position. If you already have a Working with Children Check you will be required to add the City of Kingston as an employer if you are successful for this position.
- Essential : Do you hold the qualifications required in the position outlined in the position description?
If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Simon Doyle, Manager Arts, Events and Libraries on 0477 893 210