Position: Head of Programming
Work Type: Full-time permanent position.
Salary: $118,633 (Band 8) per annum plus superannuation.
We are seeking a Creative Industries professional to join the Arts and Cultural Services team. Reporting to the Manager Arts, Events and Libraries, your role is to:
- Manage the development, implementation, and promotion of innovative, high-quality programming and activation plans
- Grow Kingston Art’s reputation for excellence
- Increase attendances and participation (physical and virtual), through innovative and targeted programming
- Build strong partnerships that transcend traditional and community boundaries including developing and maintaining strong working relationships with community and industry stakeholders to benefit Kingston Arts
- Demonstrated team player and positive contributor to organisational culture
The Kingston Arts service is growing, and Council have recently provided significant investment into this space. This is a true development opportunity and a unique chance to place a pivotal leadership role in shaping the future state of an influential high performing arts and cultural service.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience leading and working with a large arts and cultural team to deliver high quality outcomes
- Experience in programming with exceptional industry connections
- Skills as a positive motivator and leader that live their values
- The vision to grow the service into an industry leader
What we can offer
This is a full-time permanent position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks. .
If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Simon Doyle, Manager Arts, Events and Libraries on 0477 893 210