Position: Manager Commercial and Hospitality
Work type: Permanent, Full Time
This is a unique opportunity to join the Geelong Arts Centre’s in the role of Manager Commercial and Hospitality, during an exciting period of redevelopment.
The Manager Commercial and Hospitality is responsible for ensuring that the venue delivers outstanding service and is able to build strong relationships with the venue’s users and partners. The primary role of the Manager Commercial and Hospitality is to lead the experience team in an efficient and effective delivery of exceptional and creative event services. This includes creative presentation and event services for corporate events, conferences, exhibitions, incentives, gala dinners/lunches, theatre performances, private functions, and food and beverage events. This role will also be responsible for working with the leadership team in maximising commercial revenue and opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Suitable relevant experience in hospitality, events and/or conferences including substantial experience in a lead role encompassing staff supervision, coaching, and rostering for customer focussed teams
- A deep and thorough understanding of catering, food and beverage, and culinary operations for major events, including cost of labour, cost of goods, service ratios, and profit margins
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and delivery of high-profile business events and/or conferences to an exceptional standard, with immaculate attention to detail to achieve event delivery outcomes.
- Highly developed events and conference planning experience with the demonstrated ability to manage all details of a range of events, to a consistently high standard including budget development, resourcing, staffing and client liaison.
- High level written and oral communication skills including the ability to liaise, negotiate and consult with a broad range of stakeholders and clients
- Demonstrated skills relating to budgeting, food and beverage operations, conferences, business development, as well as literacy in relevant software (e.g. Microsoft Office and Event Management Software).
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certification and First Aid Certificate
Desirable attributes include:
- Experience in managing and delivering unique high-end business events
- Operational experience with a high attention to detail and forward planning
- The ability to lead by example and to set the scene for high performance
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Event Management Software
- A passion for everything food and beverage
- Current Drivers licence
- A love of arts and culture
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this opportunity please click the Apply button and provide a cover letter including your ability to meet the key requirements outlined in the position description, and a current CV. Please direct any queries to: email@example.com attention Liza Cumming, Manager People and Culture.