Position: Marketing and Development Coordinator
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Location: Civic Centre – Nunawading
Salary: $97k + 10.5% Superannuation
Bring your strategic marketing experience to a new role and make your mark! If you’ve demonstrated strong ROI, success in a start up or growth in a subscription service, we want to hear from you. Help launch and grow the success of our brand new venue.
Be part of the unique opportunity to open an iconic performing arts centre in Melbourne’s east and a game changer for the people of Whitehorse. We employ passionate, customer-focused people who are committed to delivering service excellence for our community. Whitehorse City Council is a leader in the provision of arts and cultural services in the Eastern Region and led by a dynamic team your skills and expertise will be valued in a collaborative, engaging and fun environment.
Opening in 2023, Whitehorse’s new performing arts centre will be an innovative, versatile and inspiring cultural venue set in an expansive parkland setting. It will offer large-scale theatrical performances and intimate shows across two theatres, festivals in the natural amphitheatre, classes in purpose-built spaces’ and function space for events; people will be able to choose their experience.
At Whitehorse City Council, community is at the heart of everything we do. To stay ahead of and best respond to the evolving changes and needs of the community, the organisation is undertaking an exciting transformation journey that will transform ways of working and will empower employees to be innovative and constantly striving towards providing excellent customer experience at all times. The five pillars of our transformation focus on:
- Excellent Customer Experience and Service Delivery
- Great Organisational Culture
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Good Governance and Integrity
- Long Term Financial Sustainability
The Marketing and Development Coordinator will develop and support the implementation of strategic marketing plans to maximise the occupancy and revenue of Council’s new performing arts centre, due to open mid-2023. This role will provide stewardship of the brand identity of the centre, balancing promotion of the centre for performing arts spaces, events, festivals and community hire.
- Tertiary qualifications in a marketing or related discipline combined with relevant experience preferably within a local government, community, service provision or cultural services setting.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic marketing, business planning and brand development and stewardship.
- Demonstrated success in meeting ROI or revenue, tickets sales or subscription environment.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to network and influence key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in managing competing demands to design and execute timely plans, with practical skills and a willingness to participate in marketing activities as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
In return, we will offer:
- The ability to make a difference
- Great working conditions
- An extensive Health and Wellbeing offering
- Career opportunities
Further information is available from Carolyn Altan on 0477 773 457. We ask that applications please address the key selection criteria contained in the position description.
Applications close on 9 October 2022.
For more information about the role, please click the link