About membership with VAPAC
VAPAC’s members represent a diverse range of performing arts venues, organisations and schools engaged in activities including:
The presentation of local & touring performing arts productions
New work commissioning and co-producing
Community cultural development within the arts sector
Non-arts events and functions such as meetings and conferences
Festival delivery & commercial venue hire for the arts sector
Theatre design and performing arts consultancy
In addition, VAPAC Full members are offered:
What our members say
There are currently four categories of VAPAC membership, catering for a broad range of performing arts venues and organisations:
Full Member Venue
$1,797 per year (inc GST)
An entity that supports the purposes of the Association and:
- operates or manages one or more performing arts centres.
- undertakes the presentation of the performing arts, including (at least in part) presentations in respect of which the risk of financial loss lies with the entity.
- utilises its facilities predominantly for the conduct and presentation of performing arts.
- has full time, paid management personnel.
- is a not for profit organisation, a statutory authority, a school, a municipal council or an organisation that has a contract to provide services for the management of a performing arts centre owned or operated by any such entity.
Associate Member Venue
$1,390 per year (inc GST)
Associate Membership applies where the applicant is an organisation planning for, building or managing a venue that programs performing arts for an audience, but does not otherwise qualify for Full Membership.
Associate Member Small Venue
$280 per year (inc GST)
A venue which meets the Associate Member criteria plus:
- operates as an independent not for profit theatre space with no ongoing financial support from an associated umbrella organisation.
- has less than 200 seats.
- has Deductible Gift Recipient status.
Associate Member - Non Venue
Less than 2 staff - $893 per year (inc GST)
Less than 10 staff - $1,585.50 per year (inc GST)
More than 10 staff - $2,592 per year (inc GST)
An entity or individual associated, involved or engaged with the performing arts or the performing arts industry that is otherwise ineligible for full membership, generally by way of not being a non-profit organisation.
Under VAPAC’s Association rules, all new member requests need to be approved by the general membership before becoming final. Please Apply Now to register your interest and we will be in touch asap to discuss your application.