Located on Melbourne’s eastern fringe, Yarra Ranges is a geographically varied and demographically diverse council.
Trust, Empowerment, and Innovation underpin everything we do. With our commitment to continuous improvement, ongoing learning and development, every project you work on will enhance your skills and capabilities.
About the role
Yarra Ranges Council is looking for an experienced and creative Museum Exhibition Curator to be part of the next phase of development of the award-winning Yarra Ranges Regional Museum. Our ideal team member has experience in developing dynamic social history exhibitions and associated learning and digital engagement programs and is passionate about working with community.
With new leadership and the expansion of our team, this is an exciting time to be part of creating our vision for the future.
What you’ll bring to our team
- Extensive specialist knowledge and experience in exhibition planning, curation and implementation in a public museum context.
- Demonstrated experience and proven ability in exhibition project management including preparing and managing budgets and supervising contract staff.
- A high level of Aboriginal and other cross-cultural competency, with a strong record of working in partnership with Aboriginal communities.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality outcomes.
Experience in managing tight deadlines and competing priorities.
Why you’ll want to join us
By joining our team, you will evolve within a dynamic and welcoming organisation that makes serving the community our primary mission. Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Be part of creating the future vision for Yarra Ranges Regional Museum.
- Career progression and development opportunities.
- Join a friendly and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
To apply, please attach a Cover Letter outlining your experience and why you would like to join our team, along with a copy of your Resume.
Click to view the position description or for further information about our recruitment process visit our Careers at Yarra Ranges page.
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Yarra Ranges Shire Council Enterprise Agreement 2021 and our Corporate Code of Conduct. Applicants will require the following:
- Police Check – renewal required every 5 years.
- To meet its obligations under the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions and the OH&S Act, Yarra Ranges. Shire Council will request vaccination information or evidence of an exemption in the pre-employment stage.
- Current Victorian Driver’s licence.
- Medical Check.
- Working with Children Check or current VIT registration
Closing date: 11.59pm, Monday, 8 August 2022
Contact for enquiries: Megan Sheehy, Museum Program Director, on 0497 968 566