The Wedge Performing Arts Centre, located in Sale, Victoria, is an award-winning contemporary hub for performing arts and entertainment, complete with a 390-seat theatre, 50-seat black box studio, café and dining facilities, function and rehearsal rooms.
An exciting opportunity currently exists to become an integral part of the Arts & Culture team in the position of Coordinator – Performing Arts Operations.
Reporting to the Creative Director Performing Arts, you will be responsible for of all facets associated with the delivery of events at The Wedge Performing Arts Centre including the supervision of the Coordinator Theatre Productions and Theatre Technicians.
To be successful in this role you will actively contribute and lead an agile high performing arts team, liaise with presenters and hirers whilst ensuring the highest level of customer service and presentation is always provided. You will have significant industry experience, particularly in the provision of technical services including the operation of theatrical venue lighting, audio and sound equipment. You will be presentable with good communication skills and have the ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Critical to this role will be your ability to liaise and network within the community and industry. You will be required to understand a client’s brief and work closely with them during the planning and delivery phase of their performance, conference, function and/or meeting to achieve their desired outcome.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan and deliver all technical and production services that occur at The Wedge Performing Arts Centre and other event spaces across Wellington Shire.
- Oversee the daily operational requirements of The Wedge, to ensure the safety, compliance and maintenance of the overall venue and spaces.
- Facilitate the outreach of performing arts projects throughout Wellington Shire.
- Advise and guide presenters and clients in best practice delivery of show requirements.
- Develop and maintain a high performing team of event staff.
If this leadership role suits you and you are looking to continue your career in the performing arts industry within a dynamic, cultured and progressive regional setting, we look forward to hearing from you!
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate how they meet the criteria below:
- Qualification in the events, performing arts or entertainment Industry or related field (highly desirable).
- Five years’ minimum relevant industry knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with and liaise the with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed leadership skills with experience in staff supervision.
- Ability to problem solve and determine the nature of ‘on-site’ technical customer requests/complaints; provide appropriate response and action as required.
- The ability to promote The Wedge Performing Arts Centre within the community, public and industry alike.
Wellington Shire Council is located in the Gippsland region of the state of Victoria, Australia and is approximately two hours east of Melbourne by road or rail. Many of us dream of a simpler lifestyle, with wide open spaces and no traffic jams. In The Middle of Everywhere, we live that enviable lifestyle every day.
In Wellington Shire you will find a wide range of beautiful environments to explore, with our pristine beaches, picturesque mountain ranges, temperate rainforests, wetlands and plenty of diverse, contrasting spaces to take your breath away.
Whether it’s a stroll along the iconic Ninety Mile Beach, a canoe down the Mitchell River or a bush walk through the Alpine National Park, there’s plenty to keep you busy in The Middle of Everywhere. Home to a range of tight-knit communities, you’ll quickly find yourself right at home with the wonderful people that make these towns so special.
From our lively restaurant and café culture to the very best in local produce, you’ll never be short of Sunday brunch ideas and places to try!
Visit https://themiddleofeverywhere.com.au/ to find out why the Wellington Shire is a great place to live and work.
How to Apply:
Click the link to apply.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in this advertisement and will be accepted no later Midnight Sunday, 25 September 2022.