Position: Presenter Services Coordinator
Geelong Arts Centre is the only State Government-owned cultural institution located outside of Melbourne, our vision is as a leader connector and creator of extraordinary cultural experiences for local and global communities.
The Geelong Arts Centre is a gathering place for all – a place that boldly offers insights through performance, holds space for public conversation, supports creative experimentation and content development, and is a venue to connect, meet as a community and share a passion for the arts and creativity. It is the creative heart of Geelong.
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and bold arts community that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities, and characteristics our people possess, and we share and learn from each other. Our highly collaborative and dedicated teams aim to ensure the business is continuously growing, striving for exceptional results for both our internal and external stakeholders. We are always striving to display flexibility and resilience to embrace change.
We’re currently recruiting for a phenomenal role that will see you spend your days working to plan and deliver exceptional events. In the role of Presenter Services Coordinator, you’ll get up close and personal with fantastic event organisers from community theatre groups right through to large-scale promoters.
About the role
The Presenter Services Coordinator is part of a team charged with delivering production and presenter services within the Geelong Arts Centre to the highest of standards. This role supports the delivery of an annual portfolio of activities in conjunction with offsite events produced by the Geelong Arts Centre.
Reporting to the Director Production & Presenter Services and as part of a team of Presenter Services Coordinators, this role is responsible for coordinating the planning and delivery of high-quality service, experience, and event management, for presenters, hirers, tenants/ lessees of all Centre spaces. Working closely with hirers, the incumbent provides account coordination from initial contact and cost estimates, through pre-production to event settlement and evaluation, ensuring internal Centre teams are well briefed and equipped to deliver on expectations.
● Substantial relevant experience in a similar role
● Demonstrated capacity and initiative in the planning and facilitation of events with an ability to manage multiple events simultaneously.
● Demonstrated experience in events or venue management in a cultural sector organisation (or related field), with knowledge of the end-to-end processes.
● Ability to deliver a high level of customer service with a pre-active approach to problem- solving.
● Experience in building strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
● Tertiary qualifications in business management or a related discipline.
● Stakeholder engagement experience, particularly in the arts or events industry
Find out more below.