Across the City of Casey, communities encounter more than 250 public art works by leading Australian artists commissioned to create meaningful places that celebrate our city’s community, it’s heritage, innovation and the environment. Over the past two years, the City of Casey has commissioned $2M across more than 17 commissions via our percent for art capital works program.
The Public Art and Arts Development Officer oversees the City of Casey’s public art program, collaborating with artists ad experts across urban and landscape design, architecture and developers. The role is also responsible for delivering arts infrastructure initiatives, and collaborates with the Arts team to bring arts experiences to communities across Casey.
In this role you will;
• Deliver arts infrastructure initiatives across City of Casey owned facilities to help foster arts opportunities and create greater artistic activity across the municipality
• Oversee and co-ordinate Council’s Public Art Program including working with artists and their stakeholders, project management, tender preparation and evaluation and the management of public art assets, ensuring best practice standards
• Provide advice and advocacy on Public Art to Council and developers and input into Council’s urban and landscape planning where required
• Assist with measuring the impact of the Arts & Cultural Development team in line with Council Policies and Strategies, undertaking a coordinated approach to research and evaluation
• Tertiary qualification in an arts related discipline is highly desirable
• Substantial relevant experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
• A strong a commitment to collaborating with artists, designers and multidisciplinary teams across Council to deliver one of the largest public art programs in local government
• Hold a valid driver’s license
About our benefits
• Our workplace is an inclusive and diverse culture which encourages innovation and supports your work and life balance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow your career within our expanding and diverse organisation.
• Our benefits include;
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working options supported
• Study assistance
• Health initiatives
• Access to our support and wellbeing programs
For further information on the role: https://www.casey.vic.gov.au/careers/jobs/493933