Located on Melbourne’s eastern fringe, Yarra Ranges is a geographically varied and demographically diverse council.
Trust, Empowerment, and Innovation underpin everything we do. With our commitment to continuous improvement, ongoing learning and development, every project you work on will enhance your skills and capabilities.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Exhibition Officer to join our Creative Communities team. As a Regional Exhibition Officer, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality exhibition programs across our diverse Yarra Ranges region.
Reporting to the Museum Program Director, you will be supported in delivering our community access exhibitions program and bring with you skills in exhibition planning, layout and design, installation, and marketing. If you are self-motivated and highly organised, with experience working with artists and community groups to deliver exhibitions and associated engagement programs, this role is for you.
What you’ll bring to our team
- Tertiary qualifications in Museum or Art Curation and/or relevant experience in exhibition coordination and installation in a gallery or museum context.
- Experience in developing and delivering temporary and/or touring exhibitions and associated engagement programs.
- Strong skills in the technical and hands-on aspects of exhibition installation and de-installation with a commitment to producing high quality outcomes.
Why you’ll want to join us
By joining our team, you will evolve within a dynamic and welcoming organisation that makes serving the community our primary mission. Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Be part of shaping Yarra Ranges as a creatively vibrant place.
- Career progression and development opportunities.
- Join a friendly and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
To apply, please attach a Cover Letter outlining your experience and why you would like to join our team, along with a copy of your Resume.
Click to view the position description or for further information about our recruitment process visit our Careers at Yarra Ranges page.
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Yarra Ranges Shire Council Enterprise Agreement 2021 and our Corporate Code of Conduct. Applicants will require the following:
- Police Check – renewal required every 5 years.
- To meet its obligations under the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions and the OH&S Act, Yarra Ranges. Shire Council will request vaccination information or evidence of an exemption in the pre-employment stage.
- Current Victorian Driver’s licence.
- Medical Check.
- Working with Children Check or current VIT registration
Closing date: 11.59pm, Monday, 8 August 2022
Contact for enquiries: Megan Sheehy, Museum Program Director, on 0497 968 566