Position: Security Event Officer
The only State Government owned cultural institution located outside of Melbourne, Geelong Arts Centre is a leader, connector, and creator of extraordinary cultural experiences for local and global communities.
Geelong Arts Centre is the heart of the G21 creative precinct – a place that boldly offers insights through performance, space for public conversation, supports creative experimentation and content development, and is a venue to connect, meet as a community and share a passion for the arts and creativity.
Driven by inspiring growth in activity, innovation and creatives, Geelong Arts Centre aims to amplify creative growth in a proud region already renowned for its artistic energy.
About the roleThis is a unique opportunity to join the Geelong Arts Centre team in the role of Security Events Officer.Reporting to the Facilities Coordinator, the Security Events Officer is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff, patrons and hirers.You will work in a fast-paced environment that offers the opportunity to utilise your experience in security and contribute positively to the safety and security of assets, customers, and staff in Centre. As Security Event Officer you will be responsible to monitor the day-to-day security operations and delivering customer service of the highest quality through your proactive, professional, and sound approach. The role is a mix of managing emergency management procedure, loading dock duties, security patrols, record keeping, access control, CCTV monitoring, and assisting the Facilities management team.This is a people-facing role where the use of technology is key – so we are looking for someone with previous corporate security experience, strong verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving abilities, neat and tidy personal presentation, and exemplary customer service skills.
The ideal candidate will have
- Minimum requirements for this role include a Victorian Security Licence and a great customer service background.
- Certificate II in Security Operations.
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- Current and valid, or willingness to obtain, Working with Children Check (Employee)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Proven experience in conflict resolution.
- Be proactive, whilst maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Previous security environment experience and/or security awareness training
- Ability to be flexible working over a rotating roster 7 days a week.
Daytime, evening, and weekend work will be required as part of the normal hours of duty for this position.