Position: Team Leader
Knox Cultural Venues has an exciting opportunity for an Arts and Cultural professional to join the Active and Creative Communities Team at Knox.
The Team Leader Culture Venues is responsible for effectively managing the venue operations, business administration, community engagement and programming of Knox Community Arts Centre and Ferntree Gully Community Arts Centre.
You will report directly to the Coordinator of Arts and Cultural Services and work collaboratively across the Arts and Cultural Service Team to bring interesting, engaging and innovative experiences to the Knox community.
This is a full time limited tenure role (12-month contract) based at Knox Community Arts Centre in Bayswater, however they can offer a range of flexible work options for the right candidate.
This is a Band 6 classified role, remuneration will be $92,933 – $101,496 (depending on experience) plus superannuation in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee.
What you will need to thrive
The key selection criteria for this role are:
- Experience and proven success in programming an annual program for a performing arts venue and visual arts venue of internal and external programming content including innovative and engaging performances and local program partnerships;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for liaising with a range of stakeholders including customers, community, arts organisations and industry professionals;
- Proven administration and financial management skills including budget management, identifying and applying for external funding opportunities, management of capital works budgets, effective management of venue hire, booking systems, procurement and contractual agreements;
- Experience in maintaining asset management ensuring auditing, maintenance and future planning of assets and coordination of venue emergency management and operational management plans;
- Well-developed leadership skills in the successful management of staff, consultants and contractors.
How to apply
Please provide a resume and brief cover letter addressing the ‘what you need to thrive’ section from the position description to outline how your experience and skills relate to the role.
For further information on this role please contact Emma Bentley at email@example.com or on 9298 8259
To view a copy of the position description please visit the Knox City Council Careers Page.
Apply by: 11:45pm Wednesday 24 January 2024