Position: Technical and Venue Services Team Leader
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Salary: Band 6 – $88k + 10.5% Superannuation
Be part of a unique opportunity to open an iconic performing arts centre in Melbourne’s east!
We employ passionate, customer-focused people who are committed to delivering service excellence for our community. Whitehorse City Council is a leader in the provision of arts and cultural services in the eastern region. Led by a dynamic team, your skills and expertise will be valued in a collaborative and engaging environment.
Opening in 2023, Whitehorse’s new performing arts centre will be an innovative, versatile and inspiring cultural venue set in an expansive parkland setting. The facility will offer large-scale theatrical performances and intimate shows across two theatres, festivals in the natural amphitheatre, classes in purpose-built spaces and function spaces for events.
At Whitehorse City Council, community is at the heart of everything we do. To stay ahead of and best respond to the evolving changes and needs of the community, the organisation is undertaking an exciting transformation journey that will transform ways of working and will empower employees to be innovative and constantly striving towards providing excellent customer experience at all times. The five pillars of our transformation focus on:
- Excellent Customer Experience and Service Delivery
- Great Organisational Culture
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Good Governance and Integrity
- Long Term Financial Sustainability
The Technical and Venue Services Team Leader has responsibility for the provision of outstanding technical and venue services to all internal and external clients of the Whitehorse Performing Arts Centre (WPAC).
The position ensures there is a well maintained and safe venue for artists, employees and users of the WPAC. It will ensure effective operations of venue infrastructure and equipment, including contract management and the responsibility for all venue technical production services. The position offers superior customer service for venue clients and stakeholders.
- Degree or diploma in a related field plus some experience in the provision of technical and venue services within a performing arts environment or lesser formal qualifications and more significant relevant experience as a leader in a venue and coordinating the technical services.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills to effectively manage a cohesive team.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of, and practical experience using technical theatre equipment and procedures including, lighting, sound, AV, staging, including installation and de-installation in a performing arts centre.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, to deal with a range of key stakeholders including effective liaison with actual and potential hirers of the centre.
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and problem solve within tight timeframes.
In return, we will offer:
- The ability to make a difference
- Great working conditions
- An extensive Health and Wellbeing offering
- Career opportunitiese.
Further information is available from Robyn McNicol on 0417 109 544. We ask that applications please address the key selection criteria contained in the position description. Apply now to be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Applications close on 9 October 2022.
For more information about the role, please click the lin