We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
As the Team Leader Technical Services within the Arts, Events & Cultural Venues department, you will provide leadership and supervision of staff, facilitate teamwork, professional development and achieve cooperative outcomes, ensuring effective and efficient coordination and provision of technical services across Cultural Venues.
You will also advise, guide and liaise with hirers, producers, theatre companies, artists, performers and event organisers overseeing all technical requirements for productions and events.
What you’ll do
- Assist hirers, producers and theatre companies, artists and performers and event organisers prior to their event to ensure preparation and production requirements are clearly understood and that technical information and quotes for services are provided in the most cost-efficient way and at a consistently high standard
- Undertake rostering and supervision of Cultural Venues Technical staff and contractors
- Undertake staff supervision and venue technician responsibilities during rehearsals and/or performance and as required
- Develop and facilitate service and venue-based processes, systems, operational budgets, performance measures, reporting, projects and initiatives for Cultural Venues
- Provide skilled operation of venue systems during rehearsals and performances
- Create a safe working environment by overseeing regular and systematic maintenance or replacement of inhouse equipment, undertake inspections and ensure safety and compliance procedures are developed, maintained and followed to comply with Council’s OHS policies
What you’ll bring
- Degree or diploma course in Technical Theatre or other similar field
- Experience working in theatre industry and/or repertory or professional theatre in backstage technical operations
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience
- A continuous improvement mindset with a positive, proactive, and flexible attitude
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kylie Brown, Coordinator Cultural Venues on 0438 306 521.