Position: Team Leader Venue Operations
Salary: Impressive salary in excess of $90,000 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation, commensurate with experience.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a pivotal operational role at the Clocktower Centre in Moonee Ponds. We are looking for an extraordinary, enthusiastic and highly motivated events professional that values working in a supportive work culture environment. The position will suit someone who is currently looking to develop their leadership skills & is inspired to deliver superior customer service at all times! Reporting to the Coordinator, Performing Arts, you will be responsible for leading the coordination of the Clocktower Centre front of house and catering services to ensure friendly, focused and flexible customer service is provided to all users of the venue. This position will also be responsible for liaising and negotiating with stakeholders (both internal & external) in relation to hiring of the facility to stage and deliver a high standard of functions, events and performances. We want to hear from experienced candidates who are passionate, a team player, love people and love being organised!
- Deliver a high level of customer service that is inviting, focused and flexible to all clients and users of the Clocktower Centre;
- Liaise and negotiate with Clients and Hirers of the Clocktower Centre, in relation to hiring of the facility to stage and deliver high standard function, events and performances;
- Effective use of Council’s financial system to efficiently process invoices and remittances as well as monitor designated budgets; and,
- Coordinate all operational aspects of the catering and function services in a collaborative and professional manner including logistics, staffing, quotes, contracts and risk management.
- Effective use of Microsoft Office Suite and our event management booking system (Ungerboek)
- Engaging and responding to all customer enquiries and generation of quotes and event packages
- Ability to generate new business development opportunities
- Degree or Diploma in arts or event management, or equivalent industry experience in event management, preferably in a performing arts environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the operations, planning and delivery of events/functions including production, risk management, logistics, scheduling and contracting (local government experience highly regarded, however is not necessary);
- Experience in leading, coordinating and supervising a team of staff in a busy customer service environment.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and event management support to a diverse range of clients from amateur community groups to professional theatre producers.
- Excellent project management skills in coordinating events and functions within set budgets, goals and objectives;
- Demonstrated time management, planning and organisation skills including the ability to set realistic priorities and meet deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to manage competing priorities, and ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Current and valid Working with Children Check; and,
- Current First Aid (or ability to complete)
About Moonee Valley City Council
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 130,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses. Our 1,200 employees bring their differing backgrounds, experiences and unique perspectives to our collaborative environment, and are supported to share ideas, initiatives and talent, making a positive impact on our community for now and in the future.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through our online system https://mooneevalley.mercury.com.au/ and should be in line with the Moonee Valley City Council Application Guide found at the bottom of the advertisement. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted.
For further information, please view the Position Description or contact Marika Cominos, Coordinator Performing Arts on 0405 007 670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 30 October 2022