Position: Technical Officer
Work type: Permanent Part Time
Classification: Band 4 ($68,196 – $72,858 pa)
Create our future together at the City of Greater Geelong
At City of Greater Geelong, we are committed to working together for a thriving community. We do this by delivering over 130 services to our rapidly growing population and working hard to protect and improve what it is that makes Greater Geelong on Wadawurrung country such a great place to live, work and study.
About the role
In this part-time role, you will be responsible for the delivery of industry-standard technical services across the Potato Shed. The role maintains key internal and external relationships to ensure services are professionally delivered, artistic standards are achieved, safety is prioritised, and the venue is welcoming for all users.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide day-to-day technical and production services (sound/AV, lighting, staging) for the Potato Shed including set up and operation of services for theatre, studio and event spaces, including outdoor events.
- Participate in production meetings to successfully implement professional planning for each event, advising on schedules, technical specifications, risk assessments and relevant reporting (i.e., incident reporting).
- Supervise and provide on-the-job training for Technical Support Officer and other staff as required to provide technical and production services for a range of client events and programs in accordance with established production guidelines and venue procedures.
- Under the direction of the Operations Manager, ensure tasks are completed to achieve the safe and successful operation of all performances/events
- Communicate with Operations Manager to ensure all technical equipment is maintained and repaired to guarantee standards of safety and presentation are met in accordance with specified budget guidelines.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Appropriate tertiary or other qualifications in technical production, stage management or related fields (desirable)
- Construction Induction (White) Card
- Working with Children’s Check
- First Aid Level 2
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and practical skills required to deliver technical services for theatre productions, events and exhibitions across a multi-venue facility
The health and safety of our people is our highest priority. It is our current policy to ask for your COVID-19 vaccination status. You have the right not to disclose your vaccination status, and successful candidates who are not vaccinated or do not want to disclose will go through a simple risk assessment process.
If this sounds like the role for you, then click apply now!
A career with us
With flexible working options, our people have choice in how and where they work. Our employees connect with us from across the Greater Geelong region and beyond.
Central Geelong-based City employees are now based in our new Civic Precinct, Wurriki Nyal. Meaning ‘speak and talk together’ in local Wadawurrung language. Wurriki Nyal sets the benchmark for what a sustainable, inclusive and culturally safe workplace can be, including industry leading sustainability standards, a flexible and people-focused design, safe and inclusive spaces and public realm.
We’re committed to supporting better accessibility for our customers and our people. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you.
- flexible work arrangements including RDO options in specified work areas
- salary sacrificing and novated lease options
- cultural and ceremonial leave
- study leave
- paid parental leave (16 weeks primary and six weeks secondary) and superannuation payments on all 52 weeks primary parental leave
- IVF, surrogate and miscarriage bereavement leave
- training and career development opportunities
- a healthy and safe environment
- our employee wellbeing program
- corporate membership rates for health insurance
- corporate membership rates at Swim Sport and Leisure facilities
Applications and Enquiries
Enquires: Lisa Harvey | email@example.com
To apply, click the link
Click the Position Description link to view more information about this position.