Position: Technical Supervisor
As the Technical Supervisor at Wyndham Council’s Cultural Venues, you will provide expert technical support and supervision to ensure seamless operations at our theatre and function/events centres.
It will be key to provide a high level of customer service to the Cultural Venues Unit’s external and internal customers and stakeholders. This position will require you to work nights and weekends, as a consequence of performance requirements. You will also be required to work across sites in Wyndham City to meet operational and business requirements.
What you’ll do
- Provide expert technical support to hirers, producers, theatre companies, artists, performers, and event organisers
- Undertake shift supervision and venue technician responsibilities as required
- Actively engage in the bump in, technical execution and bump out of events
- Demonstrate an advanced level of expertise in various technical systems, including lighting, audio, audio-visual, hybrid online events, staging, stage management, and mechanical fly systems, to assist venue users effectively
- Maintain and oversee the regular maintenance and safety of backstage areas and in-house equipment
- Maintain a safe working environment by conducting regular maintenance and safety inspections on in-house equipment, adhering to safety and compliance procedures
- Degree or diploma course in a relevant field such as Live Production or lighting/audio disciplines
- Current valid Working With Children Check (required)
- License requirements: Elevated Working Platform (up to 11m), Dogging/Rigging, First Aid Qualifications (desirable or willing to obtain)
- Demonstrated experience in supervising technicians and coordinating backstage operations
- High-level proficiency and troubleshooting in various technical systems including, but not limited to, computerised lighting desks, intelligent lighting fixtures, audio mixing consoles and radio microphones, audio visual equipment, live streaming systems and counterweight flying systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with clients and other staff
- A continuous improvement mindset with a positive, proactive, and flexible attitude
For a confidential discussion, please contact Tara Ridley, Team Leader Technical Services on 0439 673 495.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59PM on Sunday 26 November 2023.