Position: Technical Support Officer
Work type: Casual
Classification: Band 3 Casual ($32.16 – $34.16 p/h plus casual loading)
Categories: Arts & Culture
About the role
In this role based at The Potato Shed in Drysdale, you will be responsible for the daily technical operations of the venue while maintaining key internal and external relationships to ensure services are professionally delivered, artistic standards are achieved, safety is prioritised, and the venue is welcoming for all users. It is important to note that this is a casual position and as you will be supporting the technical team in the following responsibilities, you will need to be available for busy periods.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide day-to-day technical and production services (sound/AV, lighting, staging) for the Potato Shed including set up and operation of services for theatre, studio and event spaces, including outdoor events.
- Under the direction of the Operations Manager, ensure tasks are completed to achieve the safe and successful operation of all performances/events
- Communicate with Operations Manager to ensure all technical equipment is maintained and repaired to guarantee standards of safety and presentation are met in accordance with specified budget guidelines.
- Conduct inventory checks of equipment and supplies as directed
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to provide consistently excellent customer service that exceeds expectations
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Knowledge and skills in areas of audio, lighting and/or staging – either in the performing arts industry or equivalent transferable skills from another related industry
- Demonstrated technical management experience combined with working knowledge and practical skills required to deliver technical services for theatre
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Collaborative working style with the ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work outside standard office hours, including weekends
- A current Working With Children Check
The health and safety of our people is our highest priority. It is our current policy to ask for your COVID-19 vaccination status. You have the right not to disclose your vaccination status, and successful candidates who are not vaccinated or do not want to disclose will go through a simple risk assessment process.
If this sounds like the role for you, then click apply now!