Work type: Casual
Salary: Band 3, currently remunerated at $32.70 per hour, plus superannuation
Frankston City Council is located on the eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay where the beach meets with the natural landscapes of the Mornington Peninsula. We are a diverse community that provides a vibrant lifestyle along with a growing economic and arts sector.
Our leadership team is committed to building an engaged and collaborative culture where innovation and being future focused are the norm. If you want to help shape the future of Frankston, now is the time to join our team!
About the position
Council’s Arts & Culture Department is looking hard working and dedicated individuals for several Casual Theatre Technicians who will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of events and performances for Clients – commercial, community and corporate. These positions will be based at the Frankston Arts Centre.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the set-up of technical and staging equipment including but not limited to lighting, audio, stage, sets and audio visual for various events and venues;
- Delivering excellent customer service to clients of the Frankston Arts Centre; and
- Playing an operational role to ensure a safe and efficient workplace environment.
These are casual positions.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Knowledge of theatre production operations;
- Relevant qualification and/or relevant experience in the theatre industry;
- Skills in lighting, audio, audio visual, rigging, staging or flying;
- Understanding the different needs between Community & Commercial Presenters; and
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as required.
Benefits of working at Frankston City Council
Be part of a workplace that is looking to transform the way that we work and build on our values “Kinder, Fairer, Smarter”. As an employee, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to professional and career development opportunities;
- Free onsite parking (Civic Centre); and
- Employee assistance program.
This position is a Band 3, currently remunerated at $32.70 per hour, plus superannuation. Overtime will also be paid as required.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or have any questions, please contact Damian Clarkson on (03) 9784 1050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia, certified copies of your qualifications, a current Driver Licence and Working with Children Check. You must also be willing to provide a Pre-Employment Health Declaration and undertake a National Police Record Check.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information
It is a condition of employment that all Frankston City Council employees are required to have Covid-19 Vaccinations and any associated boosters as required by Council’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Successful candidates will be required to declare their Covid-19 Vaccination status and provide a copy of a valid Vaccination Certificate as part of the pre-employment process, prior to being offered a position.