Position: Theatre Manager
Permanent, Full-time position
Annualised Band 8A package $122,355 per annum, plus statutory super
- Provide a sustainable and viable performing art platform for the Ballarat community through cost
effective and efficient management, across all activities which occur at Her Majesty’s Theatre Ballarat,
Ballarat Civic Hall, and the Ballarat Mining Exchange.
- Support the development and growth of performing arts in our community by ensuring quality customer service and programming that maximises the usage of venue(s) whilst providing our community with unique creative, culturally enriching experiences.
- Unlock the potential of each venue and grow the hire rates/usage of the space by a constant focus on
attracting external hires.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Promotion of HMT as a major cultural asset of the City, and as the focus for live performance in
- Create opportunities to develop new and existing audiences.
- Maintain effective stakeholder relationships across arts organisations, funding bodies and sponsors.
- Operate HMT, Civic Hall and Mining Exchange as functioning and efficient businesses.
- Present an entrepreneurial program of quality performing arts, whilst adhering to sound business rationale.
- Prepare, implement, and monitor annual budgets for recurrent operations, staffing levels, capital works
infrastructure sustainability and new initiatives.
- Coordinate capital works programs, when appropriate.
- Create a constructive culture within the team, and develop an environment based on the concept of
continuous improvement of services and standards, whilst also maintaining a capacity for change, and
- Be a dynamic member of the Community Wellbeing Team, and make a meaningful contribution as an
officer of the City of Ballarat
- Be an ambassador for the performing arts, the City of Ballarat, and Her Majesty’s Theatre, including
active representation at relevant arts meetings and forums.
- Responsible for entering contractual arrangements with hirers and touring organisations to affect the
presentation of their productions at the venues under Business Unit control.
- Report to the Theatre Board, a Committee of Council, on key operational outcomes and initiatives.
- Meet all necessary governance requirements required under the Local Government Act for the reporting of Board Meetings and receipt of all respective statutory declarations by members.