Position: Theatre Officer
Work type: Casual
Venue: Werribee based across our Cultural Venues – Wyndham Cultural Centre, Encore and Werribee Civic Centre
Pay: Band 4 casual rate of $44.66 per hours plus super
A bit about the role
As a Theatre Officer team member, you will provide outstanding customer service including front of house services to patrons attending theatre events and programs across Council’s Cultural Venues. This is a great role to further develop your skills as you will also provide effective supervision of Theatre Support staff during their shift.
This position will require you to work nights and weekends due to performance requirements. You will also be required to work across sites in Wyndham City to meet operational and business requirements.
What you’ll do
- Assist hirers, producers and theatre companies, artists and performers by providing a high level of support during events
- Conduct a staff briefing at the commencement of each shift designating the appropriate roles among the team and outlining emergency evacuation responsibilities relevant to the event
- Ensure accurate and responsible handling of sales generated by ticketing and bar services; including daily reporting and end-of-day reconciliations
- Act as Chief Fire Warden in the event of an emergency evacuation of the venue
- Supervise event-specific tasks as required including set up and pack down of trestle tables, chairs, pop-up bars, foyer furniture
- Provide on the job training, guidance and support for Theatre Support and Cultural Venues team members where required
- Ensure the venue is tidy and presentable at all times
What you’ll bring
- Flexible availability throughout weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Previous experience of high-level customer service, administration and supervision of staff in a front of house role
- Demonstrated experience in cash handling, balancing EFTPOS machines and end-of day reconciliation of floats and sales
- Demonstrated experience with professional venue ticketing software
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (Required)
- Working with Children Card – Employee (Required)
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A continuous improvement mindset with a positive, proactive, and flexible attitude
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kathy Corcoran, Team Leader Creative Program & Box Office on email@example.com
Applications will be accepted via Wyndham’s Career website until 11:59PM on Tuesday 27 June 2023