Professional Development Funding Opportunities for support from VAPAC for Members
The VAPAC Executive has once again identified opportunities in our Strategic Plan to allocate funds to support the professional development of Member venues’ staff in 2017.
We acknowledge the opportunity for our membership through participation in industry events such as these and encourage members to attend and consider applying for support as outlined below.
In 2017 there are two sequential events to be held at The Concourse, in Chatswood Sydney from 21 – 23 August & 23- 24 August
- 1. Monday, 21st August 10am – 12pm Pre-conference professional development sessions1pm – 9.00pm Day 1, Performing Arts Exchange (including pitches, networking events and a performance)
- Tuesday, 22nd August 9am – 7.30pm Day 2, Performing Arts Exchange (including pitches, networking events & conference opening keynote2. “Outside, In” APACA national conference
- Wednesday, 23rd August 1pm -1.30pm APACA AGM
- Day 3, conference – keynotes, panels and breakouts 8.30am- 6.30pm3. Day 4, conference – keynotes, panels & breakouts 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Conference dinner including the Drover Awards – Luna Park. 7.30 – 11.30pm
- Full Costing details plus registration information is available here.
- Please indicate which option you are applying for as outlined below
Option 1 PAX 2 days
1 x Attendee at PAX registration cost $465, VAPAC total support including accommodation & airfares of $1100
Option 2 APACA conference 2 days
1 x Attendee APACA member venue at the APACA conference registration cost $680, VAPAC total support including accommodation & airfares of $1300 pp
1 x Attendee – Non APACA member venue at the APACA conference registration cost $950, VAPAC total support including accommodation & airfares of $1600 pp
All registration fees are at the early bird rate, which closes July 14th, all VAPAC support is excl gst
The applicant is required to provide a written application clearly stating which option they wish to apply for and addressing the following criteria:-
- You must demonstrate the value of the professional development experience to your current level of capacity and knowledge
- Please state if you have attended an event of this kind previously, preference will be given to those who have:
a) not had VAPAC professional development support previously
b) nor attended an APACA Conference or PAX
- You must have confirmation from your line manager of his/her support for you to attend and participate in the event
Your venue must be a financial venue based Member of VAPAC and a written report to the Membership is expected following the event you attend.
Funding can only be allocated to cover conference fees, travel, meals and accommodation expenses.
Applications need to be submitted by June 30th 2017 to Jenny Ryssenbeek by email firstname.lastname@example.org any queries pls call.