The Venue Sales Officer will provide a high quality service to both potential and existing clients and promote the WPAC as safe, sustainable and optimal to use as a venue for performances, event management and creative development.
The position plays an active role in building relationships with potential clients in order to bring new business into the Whitehorse Performing Arts Centre (WPAC)
- Demonstrated experience in event or venue management or a related field with a focus on achieving sales/hire targets.
- Demonstrated experience in building strong relationships and partnerships with potential and existing clients and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in use of a venue booking system.
- A team player who engages collaboratively with team members, leaders and peers to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, set priorities and organise work so as to achieve set objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to use creativity and problem solving skills.
In return, we will offer:
The ability to make a difference – Working at Whitehorse City Council you contribute to making a real difference in the lives of the community and those that live, learn, work or visit Whitehorse. Every day you really will see how the work you’re involved in benefits the diverse community.
Great working conditions – a professional environment, friendly and supportive teams and a flexibility program that promotes employee work life balance.
An extensive Health and Wellbeing offering – Employee assistance program, private health insurance benefits, health checks (skin, hearing and vaccinations), discounted gym membership and facilities (e.g. Theatre, Arts, Leisure) and an active health and wellness program (e.g. stretching, healthy eating demonstrations and health challenges.
Career opportunities – engaging work and the opportunity to apply your skills and experience.
Transformation – We are in a time of transformation to stay ahead of the evolving changes and needs of our community. Together, we are on an exciting journey to empower all of our employees to be innovative, and constantly strive towards continuous improvement.