Position: Visitor Services Team Leader
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Salary: Band 6 – $88k + 10.5% Superannuation
Be part of a unique opportunity to open an iconic performing arts centre in Melbourne’s east!
We employ passionate, customer-focused people who are committed to delivering service excellence for our community. Whitehorse City Council is a leader in the provision of arts and cultural services in the eastern region. Led by a dynamic team, your skills and expertise will be valued in a collaborative and engaging environment.
Opening in 2023, Whitehorse’s new performing arts centre will be an innovative, versatile and inspiring cultural venue set in an expansive parkland setting. The facility will offer large-scale theatrical performances and intimate shows across two theatres, festivals in the natural amphitheatre, classes in purpose-built spaces and function spaces for events.
At Whitehorse City Council, community is at the heart of everything we do. To stay ahead of and best respond to the evolving changes and needs of the community, the organisation is undertaking an exciting transformation journey that will transform ways of working and will empower employees to be innovative and constantly striving towards providing excellent customer experience at all times. The five pillars of our transformation focus on:
- Excellent Customer Experience and Service Delivery
- Great Organisational Culture
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Good Governance and Integrity
- Long Term Financial Sustainability
The Visitor Services Team Leader will ensure outstanding client and patron visitor service experiences are delivered to meet the business needs for the Whitehorse Performing Arts Centre (WPAC). The position will promote a customer orientated quality service culture for the centre and visitor service teams to ensure our community are met with exceptional service standards.
The position will coordinate all Box Office and Administration Services and Front of House operations with seamless system functionality, revenue generation and the delivery of excellent customer and client experiences at the WPAC.
- Degree or diploma in a related field plus relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications and more significant relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead or manage a team in a ticketing, bar and front of house customer service environment.
- Well-developed customer service, communication and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with customers, clients and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including the ability to resolve difficult customer grievances that have been escalated.
- Ability to utilise business applications to create, analyse and present relevant reports.
In return, we will offer:
- The ability to make a difference
- Great working conditions
- An extensive Health and Wellbeing offering
- Career opportunities
Further information is available from Robyn McNicol on 0417 109 544. We ask that applications please address the key selection criteria contained in the position description. Apply now to be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Applications close on 9 October 2022.
For more information about the role, please click the link