Position: Visual Arts Coordinator
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne’s CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children’s services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
We are seeking a Visual Arts Coordinator to join the Arts and Cultural Development team. Reporting to the Hear Arts and Cultural Development, your role is to:
- oversee the selection, management, operation, presentation and promotion of Kingston’s visual arts offerings including exhibition, workshop, artist-in-residence, art collection and public art programs.
You will have:
- Experience in collections development and management,
- Public art procurement, installation and maintenance,
- Expertise in curating exhibition and education programs on time and within budget,
- Ability to demonstrate the City of Kingston’s values of Future Orientated, Accountable, Dynamic, Expert, Community and Celebration, and
- Appropriate academic qualification and/or experience in project management.
What we can offer
This is a full-time permanent position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, abilities and attitude to take on this position click on the Apply button to submit your application – Cover Letter/Selection Criteria 2 pages max, CV/Resume – 4 pages max. If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Francesca Valmorbida, Head Arts and Cultural Development on 0497 611 589 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kingston values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.
To be considered for the role all applications must be submitted via our Careers recruitment portal.